Monday, May 31, 2010

Thought of the day!

The Texas Board of Education is currently debating what can and can't be printed in school history books. This is very important because, most text book publishers print the books that Texas wants published. So, we had democrats and republicans fighting over what should be taught. Dems wanted the founders (Thomas Jefferson) and others removed, Repubs wanted the seperation of church and state removed. They all disagreed, but, at whose detriment? Our children!! This country, warts and all, is still the beacon of freedom, but our kids need to know what those warts are, and that we learned from them. The last time I checked that's called education! I want my child to be taught everything, he does not need to be protected or indoctrinated by anyone. I, as a parent, will guide him. That's my job! Yet, 15 or 20 people, with political agendas, are the ones making decisions on my childs education! Is it any wonder our education system is no longer the best in world?

No comments:

Post a Comment